The full name of our company is Green Energy Options Limited (“geo”, “we”, “us” or “our”). geo operates the web and mobile applications and associated services that you are currently using (‘Services’) and supplies the devices (‘Products’) that operate in conjunction with the Services. geo is registered in England & Wales under registration number 5783558. Our registered address is 3 St Mary’s Court, Main Street, Hardwick, Cambridge, CB23 7QS. You can contact us by writing to our Data Protection Officer at our registered address or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
geo is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should you be asked to provide certain information by which you can be identified (or other “personal data” as defined in the EU General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR) when using the Services or Products, you can be assured that it will only be used as outlined in this Policy.
This Policy may change from time to time by updating this online document and noting this on the associated web page or mobile application screens. This will usually happen when the scope, nature or features of any Services or Products provided change, are updated or a when a new version is released. You should check this page from time to time or when notified to ensure that you understand and are happy with any changes. By using or continuing to use the Services or Products, you agree to this Policy as in force at the time of that use.
What we collect
geo very carefully and purposefully separates personal data that it collects about you from the data that is collected automatically through the use of our Services and Products (“Usage Data”).
We may collect the following examples of personal data:
- - Your name and title and the names and titles of others in your household who use our products or services
- Contact information including residential and email address, fixed and mobile phone numbers and the public IP address provided by your Internet Service Provider
- Demographic information including your preferences and interests
- Information about your home, your appliances, your heating system and the devices you use to access our Services
- Other information relevant to operating our business, customer surveys and/or offers
Personal data may be collected in various circumstances, including when you are filling in forms; corresponding with us by email, post or telephone; opening an account with us, place orders for products or request services from us; participating in social media or other interactive features made available; surveys; or when reporting any problems to us.
Our products may have facilities to automatically collect and hold a variety of Usage Data, including the following:
- - Energy consumption data from a whole house energy sensor or individual appliance energy sensors
- Profile and schedules for timed device switching applications
- Temperature and humidity information about your home or zones in your home
- Temperature and time profiles relating to your home
- Information about how you interact with the Services and Products in your home
What geo does with the information we gather
geo requires this information to provide the Services offered with your Products. In particular, it is required for:
- - Internal record keeping and administration
- Improving our Services and Products
- Customising and personalising the information that we present to you
- Improving the quality of the information that we provide
- Allowing you to use the Services or provide you with our Products or Services
- Maintaining the safety and use made of our Products and Services
A number of anonymous views and forms of information are derived from your data. geo uses these to operate and improve the quality of the Products and the Services and may share this derivative data with carefully selected partners. This data is obtained by anonymizing and processing the data. This is done in accordance with the Anonymisation Code of Practice from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office. By using the Services or the Products you provide consent to geo to include your data in this processing. You can withdraw this consent by emailing dpo@geotogether.
geo may contact you by electronic means (e-mail) as and when required for the operation of the Services. This includes:
- - Responding to your queries
- Contacting you in relation to product orders or services which we have supplied or are supplying to you
- Notifying you about changes to the Services
If you have chosen to participate in market research by ticking the relevant box to indicate your consent, geo may from time to time contact you by email, phone, fax or post for this purpose. geo may use the information to customize the Services according to your interests. You can withdraw this consent at any time by changing your preferences, or by letting us know by emailing email@example.com.
If you have chosen to receive information about relevant goods and services offered by geo by ticking the relevant box to indicate your consent, geo may periodically send you such information.
How geo processes and manages your personal information and data
geo will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless you have given us permission or we are required by law to do so.
geo may share your information with selected third parties, including:
- - other companies within our group, including subsidiaries, holdings companies and their subsidiaries;
- suppliers, agents, couriers, subcontractors or business partners during the course of carrying out any order for products or providing services we agree to provide to you or engage with them;
- web traffic and other analytical service providers to assist us in continuously improving the Products and Services;
- in the event we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case the relevant information may be transferred to the seller or buyer;
- where we are required to disclose the information to comply with any legal obligation;
- to enforce, apply or protect any of our rights, property, or safety of others (which may include exchanging information for fraud protection purposes).
If the devices in your home have been provided, subsidized or supplied (e.g. in conjunction with a special tariff, product or other special offer) by geo, an energy provider or a 3rd party (“Provider“), you may have agreed to allow geo to share some of the data collected from your home. geo will only share the information that is specified in your agreement with the Provider who will notify geo of the scope of that agreement. geo will not share other personal data that it holds about you with the 3rd party. If you change Provider or withdraw consent for your data to be shared with that Provider you must let geo know by email or in writing that this has happened (or require your Provider to do this) to ensure that geo ceases sharing your Services data.
geo is committed to ensuring that your information is secure and we have designed the Products and Services with this in mind.
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been put in place to safeguard and secure the information geo collects online. Data collected is held for as long as it is required to provide the Services or operate the Products or until you notify geo that you wish the data to be deleted.
The data geo collects or you provide to us may be processed, transferred to and/or stored outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). By submitting any personal data to us you agree to this. We will only transmit personal data to a third party who will treat the data in accordance with the GDPR in a territory that has a suitable data related treaty with the EU/UK. A list of third parties that currently process personal data on geo’s behalf to can be found on our website at https://www.geotogether.com/terms-policies/data-subprocessors/.
Where geo has given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
geo uses traffic log cookies (provided by Google Analytics and others) and mobile app analytics technology to identify which pages and app screens are being viewed, accessed and used. This helps us understand how you use or Products and Services and enabled us to tailor it to customer needs. This information is used for statistical analysis purposes and is then removed from our system.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Services.
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the GDPR.
Depending on the Services you have purchased or are able to access, data that we hold relating to geo products in your home may be viewed by you online via the Services.
If you would like to tell us that you do not want to have your Collected Data used to derive anonymised information, or change any other consents or preferences, or you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to The Data Protection Officer, geo, 3 St. Mary’s Court, Main Street, Hardwick, Cambridge, CB23 7QS or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect or delete it as requested.